Judy O’Connell pointed out an interesting Slideshare presentation called “Web 2.0: Tools to inspire”.
It contains a lot of suggestions, especially in the field of education, like
- Brainstorming, creativity triggers and mind maps
- Word processing, document sharing and story telling
- Google Docs (of course), Zoho and Open Office
- Sharing presentations with the commonly used Slideshare or with Sliderocket (free, individual and business subscription), 280slides,
- Sharing slides/multimedia with Voicethread, a collaborative, multimedia slide show, Vcasmo and Slide.
- Virtual Tours: Mapwing and several story telling tools
- Ted.com (talks by remarkable people) and Teachertube (video’s, audio, docs and photo’s for teachers)
- Neat stuff
- Social Networking
Apart from the Social Networking Tools, there are many new suggestions. The tools seem particularly useful in the class room or in spare time.
For other free learning tools see a previous post:
Google Reader and other free (learning) tools.
Here is the entire presentation.
** tip of my daughter: http://www.picnik.com/ online photo editing (free)
* my tip: Snag-it (professional screen capture -can’t do without) <