I have the honor to host my first GRAND ROUNDS ever on Tuesday September 29th.
For those who don’t know what the Grand Round is about, it is the weekly rotating carnival of the best of the medical blogosphere. Today the round is up at Colin Son’s blog Residency Notes, so please take a look at this birthday edition (start of the 6th year of Grand Rounds).
As apparent from the “Around the World in Eighty Days” Grand Round theme at “Suture for a Living”, most Grand Round contributors come from the North American Continent. It is quite exceptional that the Grand Round comes to the Netherlands and I’m looking forward to welcome you all.
Yeah, there will be no theme!*
Please make it easy for this non-native speaker of English and submit your post as soon as possible, but not later than midnight EST (NY) at Sunday September 27th (Monday 6.00 am in the Netherlands and 4.00 UTC (GMT)). Please send your submissions to as follows:
- “Grand Rounds” in the subject line.
- Permalink (url) webpost
- Title post
- Your name
- a short description would be of help.
- and if time permits:
- tell me where you’re from (town, country and/or institute).
- spend one line telling me your thoughts on medical information and medical librarians (this may be specially featured.)
So I hope I shall welcome you all next week. For all those people who have no idea where The Netherlands are, here is an old world map produced by Gerard van Schagen in 1689 in Amsterdam. As you can see, Europe took a more prominent place in the world those days (only the half of North America is represented).
* I can’t promise to include all submissions though. This will depend on the quality and on whether I can fit it in.