This months MedLib’s Round is up at DigiCMB the blog of Guus van den Brekel.
The title is Emerging Technology in Medical and Health Information.
Unfortunately there were few submissions. By adding a lot of useful information and links himself, Guus succeeded in composing a rich edition on the topic. You can read it all here
His intention was that colleagues specifically posted on the theme ànd commented on his Continuing Education Course (CEC) at EAHIL2010. You can still do the latter.
Here is the public course:
Considering the small niche of the MedLibs Round, and the fact that this round is not purely meant for medical librarians alone, I wouldn’t recommend strict themes. It would be perfect if participants to the round would write a post specifically for the round on a topic specifically fitting the theme, but in reality that is seldom done.
I had hoped that it would go as easy as the weekly Grand Rounds, where people automatically start submitting and keep an eye themselves on who is hosting the rounds, but that is not the case. But perhaps this is a bit naïve.
Still it is a good round with lot of quality submissions and excellent hosts. So we surely will continue, although likely under a new name (soon to be announced)
The next 3 hosts are cream of the crop again:
- Daniel Hooker at DANIELHOOKER.COM: Health libraries, Medicine and the Web. (Okt)
- Dean Giustini of the The Search Principle blog (Nov)
- Martin Fenner of Gobbledygook (Dec)
You can already start submitting the permalink of your post HERE at the Blog Carnival.
The next submission deadline is October the 3rd.
- The June MedLib’s Round is up & Call for Submissions. (laikaspoetnik.wordpress.com)
- MedLibs Round 2.7 is up at Highlight HEALTH: Social Media in Health & Medicine. (laikaspoetnik.wordpress.com)
- MedLibs Round 2.6 (laikaspoetnik.wordpress.com)
- News, Libraries, Librarianship: Medlib’s Round Carnival Edition 2.5! (creakysites.wordpress.com)
- MedLibs Round August 2010: Call for Submissions. (laikaspoetnik.wordpress.com)
- Medblog Grand Rounds 6:46 is up! (gruntdoc.com)
- Kaleidoscope 2: 2010 wk 31 (laikaspoetnik.wordpress.com)
- Health 2.0 News: From Space Food to Eye Tracking and Hospital Blogs (scienceroll.com)