The true spirit of Christmas is in “loving” and to “do good for others”, ” thinking of” and “helping the less fortunate”.
However, many of today’s children, weaned on luxury goods and gadgets, consider themselves as the “less fortunates” and thus are on the “receiving” rather than the “giving” site. And are easily disappointed… and crossed if they don’t get the expected $$$ gift.
Am I exaggerating? I truly hope so.
But if you had searched Twitter for popular expensive gits “car”, “i-pad” or “i-phone” like comedy writer Jon Hendren (@fart) did, you had seen numerous dissatisfied tweets of extremely spoiled kids and adolescents:
no iphone. Fuck you dad—
Toni moretto (@Tonimoretto) December 24, 2011
All I asked for was a qod damn ipad & car ' I didn't get neither -__-—
Beee Geee (@Bossybeegee) December 25, 2011
I want the white white iPod instead of the black D:—
Sam Sikes (@SamStandsFoSwag) December 25, 2011
so they got me a iPad 2 & 400$ , i wanted a strap & iphone 4s for christmas not no ipad 2 & 400$ a strap & iphone 4s . fuck christmas .—
LilLeemUln (@LeemyLeem_) December 25, 2011
Typing this tweet on my computer because I didn't get an iPad for Christmas. Fuck you you fucking fuck Santa!—
Natacha Monod (@dizzydentgirl) December 25, 2011
fuck christmas mayne my brother got an iphone and I got a map of Maryland—
Mother Nature (@guhrace_) December 25, 2011
No Iphone. I hate my dad.—
Paul Reyes (@paulyandmolly) December 25, 2011
The tweets have even been compiled in a song by Jonathan Mann, the “Song a Day Man“. After seeing the tweets it should be no surprise that it is called “WTF?! I wanted an iPhone!”
It makes me kind a sad. It is quite an anti-Christmas attitude.
The kids in this video below have every right to be disappointed though. (via Mashable)
- ‘WTF?! I Wanted an iPhone!’ Entitled Christmas Tweets Put to Music [VIDEO] (mashable.com)
- Ungrateful Kids React to Bad Christmas Presents (mashable.com)
- Friday Foolery #46 Bad Science: The Psychology Behind Exaggerated & False Results (laikaspoetnik.wordpress.com)
- Friday Foolery #45. What have you got in your head? (laikaspoetnik.wordpress.com)
- Friday Foolery #44. The Shortest Abstract Ever. (laikaspoetnik.wordpress.com)
- WTF! I Wanted an iPhone [Video] (collegecandy.com)
- Wanted an iPhone 4S / iPad / Pair of Jordans for Christmas And Didn’t Get It? (gottabemobile.com)