For two weeks, since the update of My NCBI, searches comprised of setnumbers were incorrectly saved in My NCBI, thus literally as #1 AND #2, or in the example I gave as: #3 + RCT filter instead of: hirsutism and spironolactone (+ RCT-filter), which was the actual search behind it. (see Figures below)
This was the response I just received from someone of the U.S.National Library of Medicine:
“You can now save searches with search statement (aka History) numbers. Unfortunately, any that you recently created that didn’t work are not going to work, so please delete those.
As part of the fix, we made some changes to how links for saved search names work in My NCBI. On the screen where you used to see “View Results,” use the search name to link to run the search in PubMed. The “Edit” link now takes you to where you can change the specs of the search. These changes are not yet finished. When we have things running normally we will provide more detailed information in our newsletter.
Thank you for your patience.”
I’ve checked it and it really works. Thank god it does. It is really an essential feature, especially for the unexperienced searcher: the (correct number of) brackets are automatically in the right positions.
I’m also pleased with the way the saved searched are presented. It is far more logic that the search is executed when clicking at the underlined name (which looks like a link) and that you can edit where it says “edit”.
I’m looking forward to the other enhancements.