The winners of the Researchblogging contest have been selected.
I was rudely confronted with the harsh reality that I lost from a fellow Philosophy, Research, or Scholarship blogger, Richard Grant of Confessions of a (former) Lab Rat (and previously of Life of a Lab Rat).
Very subtle Richard just left a note: “Sorry”.
“Thanks” Richard! And congratulations from the bottom of my heart… (no kidding, I really mean congrats!)
But in one respect you were wrong. You said: “We don’t have the sort of blogs that win awards” Well at least you were half wrong.😉
Ed Yong of Not Exactly Rocket Science (No?) deserves a special mention, because he won in 3 (!) categories: Research blog of the year, blog post of the year and best lay-level blog. So if you don’t know this blogger it may well be worthwhile to take a look at his blog.
Of course this is also true for all other winners (depicted below).
You can visit their blogs and/or see their Research Blogging (RB) Page.
Congrats to all winners! And heads up to all other finalists. You’re winners too!
- Research Blog of the Year: Not Exactly Rocket Science (RB page)
- Blog Post of the Year Not Exactly Rocket Science Ballistic penises and corkscrew vaginas – the sexual battles of ducks
- Research Twitterer of the Year : Bora Zivkovic
- Best New Blog (launched in 2009): Culturing Science (RB page)
- Best Expert-Level blog: Brain Windows (RB page)
- Best Lay-Level blog: Not Exactly Rocket Science (RB page)
- Funniest Blog: NCBI ROFL
- Best Blog — Biology: A Blog Around The Clock (RB page)
- Best Blog — Chemistry, Physics, or Astronomy: Uncertain Principles (RB page)
- Best Blog — Clinical Research: Virology blog (RB page)
- Best Blog — Conservation or Geosciences: Highly Allochthonous (RB page)
- Best Blog — Health: Respectful Insolence (RB page)
- Best Blog — Psychology: BPS Research Digest (RB page)
- Best Blog — Philosophy, Research, or Scholarship: The Scientist [now: Confessions of a (former) Lab Rat] (RB page)
- Best Blog — Neuroscience: Neurotopia (RB page)
- Best Blog — Social Sciences or Anthropology: Epiphenom (RB page)