As I touched upon in Grand Rounds 8.5 the Mayo Clinic Center held the 3rd Social Media’s Health Care Social Media Summit a few weeks ago. Lots of good information and resources were shared, including the video below. The video has already gone viral (it has been viewed appr. 24,000 times), but most important is that its message gets viral.
The song is a parody of 867-5309/Jenny, produced by the Mayo Clinic Center* to promote healthy heart awareness, especially among women:
Heart disease is the number one killer of men and women, but most women aren’t aware of this.
You need to know your numbers, don’t let them get too high: blood pressure, lipids and BMI
I love it & remember, know your numbers!
Go to http://knowyournumbers.me/ to calculate your heart risk (BMI and LDL-cholesterol) and see how you can lower it.
You can become a fan of Mayo Clinic at Facebook:
* For this purpose, the band of Ron Menaker, the administrator for the Mayo Clinic Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, was renamed to “Tommy and the Heartbeats” (see The Making of Know Your Numbers) .
Hattip: Scott Hensley (Facebook)
- Friday Foolery #41. A Special Offer for the Major [#4square] (laikaspoetnik.wordpress.com)
- Friday Foolery #42 So You Think You Can Dance Your PhD Thesis? (laikaspoetnik.wordpress.com)
- Mayo’s Parody Video Invites You to Know Your Numbers: Blood Pressure, Lipids, and BMI (Sing to the tune of Jenny 867-5309) (managemypractice.com)
- Health Care Social Media Summit – Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media – Wrapup (healthblawg.typepad.com)
- Mayo Clinic Parodies ’867-5309/Jenny’ Song To Promote Heart Health (huffingtonpost.com)